Monday, September 14, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis

The 'Know Your Audience' exercise we did was fun and interesting while getting to know my classmates. I found out that we all have similar beliefs and stances while coming from a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles.
The first question that let me get to know everybody pretty good was by Kourtney, she asked, "If you had a one way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why? And who would you take with you?" The most popular response, including mine, was that people were satisfied where they are and wouldn't want to move anywhere. That kind of surprised me with the age group that most of the class is. Usually people at this age are wanting to spread their wings and find their own path in life, and surprisingly for most that is right here.
The question that I asked was where they were going when they died. Most answered that they were going to heaven, but different people had different ideas on how. Most believed the same way I do, that you must be saved through Jesus Christ to go to Heaven for eternity.
Many of the classmates like fiction books and definitely come from a different background than myself. A lot answered to the question of 'if they were the last person on earth', that they would first of all cry, and then they didn't know what they would do. Others answered as if they had control over the situation, even though you could tell that they didn't know what they were talking about.
To sum it up, I really enjoyed this assignment and responding to the questions. I feel like I know the class a lot better and where they stand. I feel like that I can adjust my writing accordingly now that I know everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Good beginning into analysis. Think about your audience as one person. If you were going to describe this person, who would he or she be? ~Ms. Al.

    ReplyDelete