Sunday, October 11, 2015

What's Cooking?


The Best No Bake Cookies!


Maybe this is different from most teenage boys, but I love and have always enjoyed cooking. I don't know what it is that I get such a thrill out of it but I really like to cook things. The earliest I can remember cooking things was when I just wanted something like mac and cheese or a grilled cheese or scrambled eggs; something simple and quick. Then I started making pancakes, that was what really kicked it off! I started looking up different recipes for pancakes and making them until I fount the perfect one, and it was a buttermilk recipe. Ever since then I have made that recipe of pancakes, and the whole family loves them. But, the best thing I can cook up that everybody loves, is no bake cookies. And surprisingly, it is super simple and fast! The family loves them, our church family loves them, and my classmate really love them! Here is how to make them:

The recipe is how follows:
1 stick of butter
½ cup of milk
2 cups of sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla
3 cups of oats




First, in a large pot, melt one stick of butter on medium heat:
 Once melted, add your milk, sugar, and cocoa powder; stir very well over the heat:


 Turn your burner up to medium high and bring to a simmering boil, once at a boil, immediately start a timer for exactly 1 minute. When one minute is up, immediately remove pot from hot burner:

 Stir again, and add your peanut butter in. It should melt to where you can mix it well:

 Add in your vanilla, and then your oats. (We make our own vanilla with vodka and vanilla beans; this makes this recipe much better, or if you can buy a natural kind of vanilla, that would be better)

 Don't forget to lick the spoon when you are done!!
 Makes a great fudge over ice cream when it is hot,
 Or try them by themselves or with a glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment