Tuesday, December 8, 2015

 Archery is a great sport and something I love to do. I am going to describe my cycle of shooting. First, I take my bow in my left hand and go to the line. I look up at my target and take a deep breath to lower my heart rate. I step up to the line and turn my back pivot foot to the right, in order to face the target slightly. I rest the bottom cam of my bow against my left leg and bend my leg slightly with my toes on the ground in order to hold it up. I place the arrow through the riser and nock it while setting it on the lizard tongue. I then grab my release out of my quiver and place it on the d loop. I make sure that my fingers are placed correctly on the release and take a deep breath and take another look at my target. I draw another deep breath as I lift my bow and slowly draw in order to keep the arrow in place. When drawn, I breathe in as I set my knuckles against my cheekbone and my nose and corner of my lip against the string. I slowly lower my pin to the bullseye, and make sure that my level is on, then grab the release with my back three fingers to get set for the shot. I then slowly exhale while thinking about pulling tight against my release. I steady in for five to seven seconds and my release goes off. I drop my elbow back and let my bow go forward slightly to stretch out for the follow through. I reset my release and rest my bow on my leg again and check to see where the arrow hit on the target. I then work through my mind any mistakes that I made during the shot cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment