Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Over the last few years, our family has traveled a lot for shooting in competitions. Most of the time it has been for archery, but also a little bit for rifle and pistol. It started in 2013 when I made the .22 rifle team as a freshman in high school. That summer we traveled to Grand Island, Nebraska to shoot three events over five days. I had a blast and shot in the top five a couple of times. The next year I shot on the .22 pistol team and competed at the same place with three similar events, only with a pistol. This last year, our whole family got into archery pretty hard. Our first big trip was to Des Moines, Iowa, and it was a big tournament. I got to meet some of the top shooters in the world and compete alongside them. I didn't do that well at the shoot, but had a lot of fun. The next shoot was in Kansas City, Missouri, of which I ended up taking first place. My scores started improving, and it was addicting. In March, we went to Louisville, Kentucky for the all time national shoot, where there was almost two thousand shooters. I ended up getting eighth in the nation, and it is the biggest shoot I have ever been to. This season we went back to the Kansas City shoot, and it was the first time I ever had to shoot in the adult class ever. I took second and got to have my first experience in a shoot-off. We are now planning on going to a big shoot in Illinois, back to the shoot in Des Moines, and possibly to the Vegas Shoot, which is the biggest shoot in the world held in Las Vegas. They are a lot of fun and I hope our whole family can do well in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment